ADA-W White recess kit for all White (with and without M) models
ADA-SS Stainless steel recess kit for Black Graphite (BG), Chrome (C),
Stainless Steel (SS) models
Recess Kit (R)
Reduces the depth of the dryer to less than 4 inches.
1. Your recess kit consists of the following:
(1) GX234 Steel Recess Box
(1) GX235 White Steel Trim Piece or GX235-SS Stainless Steel Trim Piece
(4) 1/4"-20 X 3/4" Bolt
(4) 1/4" Flat Washer
(4) #8 X 1-1/2" Wood Screw
(2) 1/4"-20 Bolt - Optional. For easier installation, replace the tamper proof
screws that secure the cover.
#10 wood screws used to mount the recess box to the wood framing are NOT
2. MAXIMUM mounting heights from FLOOR to BOTTOM EDGE of RECESS BOX:
MEN 44" (112cm)
WOMEN 42" (107cm)
CHILDREN (Depends on age) 32"- 42" (81-107cm)
HANDICAPPED 36" (91cm)
3. Suggested wall opening of 12-1/4" wide X 9-13/16" high X 3-1/2" minimum
depth. Wall opening
should be framed on all four sides with openings to allow easy access to
4. Install recess box into frame using eight #10 wood screws (not supplied). The
front metal edge of the
recess box must be FLUSH with the finished wall.
5. Remove metal cover from hand dryer assembly by removing the two tamper
resistant bolts. (See
hand dryer owner's manual for details.)
6. Place dryer assembly into recess box and attach with four 1/4"-20 X 3/4"
bolts and washers.
7. Unit MUST be installed by a qualified licensed electrician. Connect
electrical service lead wires. The
ground wire MUST be connected to the ground screw. Use No. 12 or 14 gage wire as
required by your
local electric code.
8. Carefully replace the dryer cover using the two tamper resistant bolts. Hold
trim piece in place on
wall. Attach using four #8 X 1-1/2" wood screws supplied.